Ngaio to south coast


First thing in the morning I was shown a wee path to re-join the trail at Ngaio. There is a pretty creek-side track through to Wadestown where I needed more local advice to find the way up Weld St.



Wadestown is steep but it is celebrated in arty ways. 




The route joins a walkway on the town belt and the first views of the city open out. 



Looks like a cruise liner is in for the day so downtown will be clogged with pairs of puzzled passengers in matching trainers. 

From Tinakori I walked downhill past the back side of Parliament, 




to pause at La Cloche for coffee with my nephew. 



Bet you didn't know giraffes have valves in their carotids to reduce blood pressure to the head when they bend over. 

More animal life along the waterfront in the form of a dressy dalmation. 



From Courtenay Place the route heads up Mt Victoria and along the Southern Walkway, where I met a guy from Germany who started at Auckland to walk 1000km of Te Araroa. 

We strolled along, past a group of baboons with red rears



until we ran out of land. 



End to end, I have travelled North Island in 68 days. 

That done, I turned left and walked to Seatoun to be made a fuss of by friends. They're going to drop me at the ferry, hello South Island. 




Popular Posts