Wardrobe system

What will the well-dressed hiker be wearing this year?

Two layers of merino and a big old Swazi overshirt (not shown) to keep my torso warm and polyprop leggings under shorts on the legs. 

Footwear for the first third of the walk is a pair of Salomon X Ultra hiking shoes. I also have two pairs of Salomon X Ultra boots for the remaining kms. All 3 pairs are walked in and ready. 

I wear two pairs of socks and neoprene gaiters, old habit. Neoprene is silent.

There is a sunhat finagled from Number One Husband, ditto a long-sleeved cotton shirt and I must buy wrap round sunglasses today.

The beanie and gloves were corporate gifts from my employer and I will have to hide the logo at some places. 

One plastic bag holds my dry clothes for evenings and clean knickers. There is a much-glued pair of gutless sandals for around camp. The other bag has my town strip.

Clothes add 1645g to the pack. I don't count clothes I'm wearing. 

Popular Posts